I am a member of:
The British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP).
As well as a member of their sub-divisions:
Counselling Children and Young People (CCYP)
The British Association of the Person-Centred Approach (BAPCA).
The World Association for Person Centered and Experiential Psychotherapy and Counseling (WAPCEPC).
BSc (Hons) Person-Centred Counselling
Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling
Diploma in Counselling Supervision
NCFE in Counselling Skills
NCFE in Special Needs
Specialist Areas of Work
As well as my private work I am a Rape Crisis counsellor.
I have several years experience providing counselling to women in a domestic violence project.
I worked in an agency for several years providing counselling for young people aged 13-25.
I also have experience as a counsellor working with young people in a secondary school setting.
Continuall Professional Development
As a member of BACP, I am committed to my continual personal and professional development and also work in accordance with their ethical framework for good practice.
- Advanced Post Diploma Certificate Course in Person-Centred Couples Counselling
- Ways into Working with Couples
Training, Workshops & Seminars
- Contemporary Developments in the Person-Centred Approach
- Person-Centred Art therapy skills
- Trauma, Narrative, and the Person-Centred therapeutic relationship
- Mindfulness and the Person-Centred Approach
- Sex and Intimacy After Trauma
- Trans-generational Trauma: The link between bonding and trauma
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery
- Working with Relational Trauma
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Trauma and the Body
- Working with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence (trauma based model)
- Working with Suicide in a Relational Way
- Working with Borderline Personality Disorder
- Shame and Belonging
- Human Trafficking
- Sexual Violence and Young People
- Working with Diversity in Counselling
- Facilitating Therapeutic Groups
- Working with Shame
- Working Therapeutically with people with Learning Disabilities or Autism
- Working with Autistic Process
- Working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Working with aggressive energy
- Assessing risk and resilience with young people in the counselling / assessment process
- Counselling and Sexual Abuse
- Equality and Diversity
- Domestic Violence Awareness
- Eating Disorders / Working with young people at risk
- Self-harm and Suicide
- Drugs Awareness
- Child Protection
Copyright © Brenda Sawyerr Counselling Greenwich & South East London